Our view from 6700 feet up!
I have been inspired by The Frugal Girl to think of Five Frugal Things that I have done to save some money this week. So, here goes!
- We had company this weekend and we cooked dinner at home both Friday and Saturday night instead of going out; however, going out was certainly tempting!
- We went hiking Saturday morning. We made breakfast before going hiking on Saturday morning – we used fresh spinach and kale from our garden and scrambled some eggs and had toast along with it.
- Dreamer Girl wanted a new shirt she saw at Kohl’s. I had a coupon for $10 off $30 and she had a gift card left from Christmas! I love that she is learning to be patient and not spend all of her money at once. Unfortunately, we realized once we got home that the shirt needed some repair in a few places along a seam. I could fix these, but I’m debating whether we should exchange it or not. I’m still pondering this. UPDATE: We exchanged the shirt!
- We watched a movie Sunday night that I checked out from the library = FREE. I love the library!
- Dreamer Girl was interested in a sewing class. I found one at a local craft store, but put off signing her up because I just knew there would be a sale or coupon at some point. Well, my
procrastinationpatience paid off and there was a sale for 40% off on the class!
Here’s our little lettuce patch!
What are you doing to save money today?